Monday 21 May 2012

Food Revolution Day: lettuce look back

So Food Rev Day was a resounding success. It may have started at midnight with a terrible kebab, but from then on it was fresh cooking and word-spread all day. Oh and lettuce chopping. So much lettuce. Hopefully you all took part in some way, even unwittingly.

I spent the morning at Malou Herkes' bake sale at Hackney Homemade in Hackney, selling beautiful cakes to lucky passers by. I then helped the delightful Danny, Jamie's communities editor, with his pub lunch supper club which, despite the arrival of three surprise veggies went exceptionally well. Ed, who runs the blog Rocket&Squash cooked up some amazing dishes, including a delicious roast pork and peach with some of the best crackling I have ever had the pleasure of breaking my teeth on. His lamb tartare was also something else. It came from a Jamie book - I'll find out which one asap.

I then spent the evening in the office. Chopping lettuce. Then making a curry. Then booing Chelsea while chopping lettuce. Anyway, a picture speaks a thousand words, so I need to learn draw. In the meantime, here are the pictures!














No comments:

Post a Comment